Last Modified: March 28, 2018
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to Wellzesta so whether you are new to Wellzesta or a longtime user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions email us.
1. Information we collect¶
Information you give us. Some of our services require you to sign up for a Wellzesta Account. When you do, we may ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account. In some cases, you may want to add to your personal profile on Wellzesta. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features that we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Wellzesta Profile, which may include your name and photo.
Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like which news articles you view, which events you want to learn more about, which events you registered to attend, and which events you attended. This information includes:
Device information. We collect device specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information).
Log information. When you use our services or view content provided by Wellzesta, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes details of how you used our service. The log entry is a selective "snapshot" of the state of the Wellzesta Life system. For example, when you register for an event, we will record information that was available to you - like the date/time and other users (if any) that were registered for the event.
Points System. In Wellzesta Life, users are awarded points for engaging in wellness activities - like viewing articles and attending evnets. We record your awarded points.
Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as cookies or private user default directories.
2. How we use the information we collect¶
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Wellzesta and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – for example: the "Content for You" section of the News.
If you have a Wellzesta Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Wellzesta or on thirdparty applications connected to your Wellzesta Account (such as +1’s, reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Wellzesta Account.
Wellzesta processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
3. Transparency and choice¶
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and update your Wellzesta activity controls to decide what types of data, such as videos you’ve watched on YouTube or past searches, you would like saved with your account when you use Wellzesta services.
- You can also visit these controls to manage whether certain activity is stored in a cookie or similar technology on your device when you use our services while signedout of your account.
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your Wellzesta Account by using Wellzesta Dashboard.
- View and edit your preferences about the Wellzesta ads shown to you on Wellzesta and across the web, such as which categories might interest you, using Ads Settings. You can also visit that page to opt out of certain Wellzesta advertising services.
- Adjust how the Profile associated with your Wellzesta Account appears to others.
- Control who you share information with through your Wellzesta Account.
- Take information associated with your Wellzesta Account out of many of our services.
- Choose whether your Profile name and Profile photo appear in shared endorsements that appear in ads.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
4. Information you share¶
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Wellzesta. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
5. Accessing and updating your personal information¶
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems). Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
6. Information we share¶
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Wellzesta unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wellzesta when we have your consent to do so. We require optin consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators. If your Wellzesta Account is managed for you by a domain administrator then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your Wellzesta Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Wellzesta if we have a goodfaith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Wellzesta, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share nonpersonally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
7. Information security¶
We work hard to protect Wellzesta and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Wellzesta employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
9. Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities¶